Hold a TireWise Event at your school to call attention to the importance of properly maintaining your tires so you can get where you’re going safely.
A recent U.S. Tire Manufacturer’s Association/Discount Tire/Ipsos survey of 1,431 American drivers ages 18 and older revealed the following insights about tire safety:
- 48% of drivers don’t know how often to check tire pressure, including 3% who believe they never have to check.
- 53% of drivers don’t know how to check tread wear to determine if tires show signs of damage and need to be replaced.
- 53% of drivers do not know how often to rotate their tires.
- Almost all drivers (94%) realize proper tire inflation saves money, but most don’t realize just how much.
Suggested activities include how to
- Check tire pressure
- Check tire treadwear
- Change a flat tire
Suggested guest speakers give on instruction on
- Tire maintenance (temperature, size, balance, alignment & rotation)
- Purchasing tires