SAFE “Selfies” for Teen Driver Safety
This activity is great as part of a spirit week, during lunch periods and study halls, or any appropriate event.
To Complete the Activity:
- Create a board or window of some sort, displaying a safe message for teen drivers. Provide "props" for students to use in their SAFE "Selfies"
- Make sure that the frame or white board message is included in all SAFE "Selfies" with the teen driver safety message
- Encourage students to take photos with their phones and share them via various social media platforms using #SAFEteendrivers
- Post a sign with social media handles of school, staff and local agencies to boost social media reach.
- The SAFE Delaware County Coalition has a photo booth background and props that can be borrowed. Contact: SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator, Jackie Bain firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-203-2083
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter 6. Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
- Facebook #ReduceTeenCrashesDelCoOH
- Twitter @ReduceOHCrashes
- Instagram @reduceteencrashesdelcooh
Questions? Contact Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator Email: jbain@DelawareHealth.org