Conduct an activity at your school to raise awareness regarding Rail Grade Crossing Safety.
Although incidents at railroad crossings are an old problem, the problem is easily avoidable.
Delaware County Ohio has 60 railroad grade crossings and 74 miles of train tracks along 3 railroad corridors through the most populated areas of the county.
September 6-27, 2021 is the official campaign focused effort to reverse the uptick in railroad crossing fatalities.
The message is simple: STOP. TRAINS CAN'T
To Complete the Activity:
- Contact Ohio Operation Lifesavers at https://community.oli.org/state/oh#about to request a presentation or resouces on rail grade crossing safety.
- Activiites may also include social media messages, posters, flyers, announcements or presentations by students.
- For more information, please visit http://www.transportation.gov/stop-trains-cant
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Questions? Contact Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator jbain@DelawareHealth.org or 740-203-2083