- The Quick-Click Challenge is a competition that demonstrates the ease of putting on and taking off a safety belt.
- Teams of four students and/or adults race against each other in this safety belt relay, reinforcing “buckle-up” behavior.
- Invite local media;
- Take pictures/video;
- Consider inviting your local agent(s);
- Add the hashtag #SADDNation and #rockthebelt to social media posts.
- A safe location
- A full-size, four-door vehicle with manual lap/shoulder belts in front and rear
- Four traffic cones or some method (sidewalk chalk) to designate a safe relay area
- A minimum of two monitors - Quick-Click Crew
- A stopwatch that registers hundredths of a second (0.00)
- Score sheet for recording times » A whistle » Quick-Click Shirts for the fastest team
- Find an area that is level and paved to provide good footing.
- Set up boundary markers (ropes, chalk or cones) to keep spectators out of the relay area.
- Divide your group into teams of four (someone can go more than once if the teams are uneven).
- The four members will start buckled in their seats.
- For safety, all doors must remain OPEN at all times.
- Participants are to make a concerted effort to avoid any contact with the exterior of the vehicle, especially the doors.
- Not doing so may result in a time penalty or disqualification assessed by the Quick-Click Crew.
- When the whistle is blown, the stopwatch is activated.
- Each person will unbuckle, EXIT the vehicle and move to the next seat (in a clockwise rotation).
- After every safety belt is buckled, team members raise BOTH hands into the air.
- One monitor will watch and blow the whistle when all four players are buckled up with hands raised.
- The action is repeated four times, so that each person sits once in each seat — again, always moving CLOCKWISE.
- When each member is back in his/her original seat, buckled with raised hands, the time is stopped and recorded by the second monitor.
- Send a photo of the quickest team (along with t-shirt sizes) to Ohio SADD. We’ll recognize the team on social media and mail you their Quick-Click T-shirts (limit of four per school per school year).
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Questions? Contact Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator jbain@DelawareHealth.org or 740-203-2083