Join Prevetion Action Alliance's Member Center to gain access and kick off a "Parents Who Host, Lose the Most" campaign in your high school community.
"Parents Who Host, Lose the Most: Don’t Be a Party to Teenage Drinking" educates parents about the health and safety risks of providing alcohol to teenagers and increases awareness of and compliance with underage drinking laws.
"Parents Who Host, Lose the Most" is universal, easy to implement, user-friendly, and targets celebratory times for youth, such as homecoming, holidays, prom, and graduation.
It includes a host of educational materials, community engagement strategies, and planning tools that can help parents and community members mobilize, partner, and share the message that teenage alcohol consumption is unacceptable and serving to minors has serious consequences.
This program is a beneficial tool for communities looking to address environmental factors related to underage drinking.
The four strategies that the Parents Who Host campaign covers are:
- Community Norms
- Access and Availability
- Media Messaging
- Policy and Enforcement.
Other campaign materials can be purchased through the "Prevention Action Alliance" Shop.
Program Director Krysta Bennett at (614) 540-9985 ext. 16 or KBennett@PreventionActionAlliance.org. to learn more about "Parents Who Host"
To Get Your Points:
1. Click "Submit Your Points" at this website.
2. Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY:
- Tell us about the activity you completed: Describe the activity that was completed including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo.
- Select your high school
- Select the activity completed:
- If you don't know, leave this field blank and we'll do our best to sort it for you!
- If this event may fall in to more than one activity you may select only one.
- If this activity does not fit any activity listed then submit it for “BONUS POINTS”
- Enter your email & name to identify yourself as the submitter. You will receive notification when your submission is approved.
- What documentation do you have?
- Students must be included in ALL documentation.
- Upload your school's photo(s), video or other documentation of students involved in the activity.
- Please upload photo(s) right-side-up.
- Attachments to add a file Enter a YouTube URL to submit a video
- Verify that all individuals pictured have read and agree to the photo release.
- Verify that you are over the age of 16 - OR - I am under the age of 16 and I have completed the Parental Consent Form
- Rate this activity
- Include the number of students engaged by this activity
3. Schools must take new photos with students and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
4. Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites