Invite an in-person or virtual presentation from Jennifer's Messengers. Presentations are ideal for classroom instruction on the dangers of using today's marijauna as well as impaired driving.
- Jennifer’s Messengers is a "Driving Under the Influenece of Drug"s (DUID) awareness campaign of Parents Opposed to Pot, PopPot.org.
- Parents Opposed to Pot, wants to use this campaign to awaken our country to the emerging threat of more drug users on the road.
- Jennifer’s life was tragically taken by a driver impaired by “medical” marijuana.
- Jennifer’s Messengers aims to keep her memory alive and to work toward safer highways through education and awareness of the dangers of marijuana-impaired driving.
- Surveys of marijuana users tell us that they have no qualms about getting behind the wheel, high or very high. Alcohol paired with marijuana poses an even greater risks of traffic incidents.
To Complete this Activity:
- Visit https://jennifersmessengers.org to learn more about the dangers of marijauna-impaired driving.
- Request a presentation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call founder Corinne Gasper at 614-359-9832.
To Submit for "Bonus Points":
- Engage with Jennifer's Messengers on social media at https://www.facebook.com/groups/999742883893262
- Support the "Think You Know?" campaign at https://everybrainmatters.org/every-brain-matters-think-ya-know/
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Questions? Contact Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator jbain@DelawareHealth.org or 740-203-2083