Create a Parent-Teen Driving Agreement that puts parent’s rules in writing to clearly set expectations and limits.
- Work together to outline hazards to avoid and consequences for breaking rules.
- Post it in a central location such as the fridge.
- Having regular conversations about safety, practicing driving together, and parents leading by example.
- Teens ask questions, if you are feeling unsure about driving plan additional time to practice.
- Update it as your teen gains experience and more driving privileges.
- Have photos ready with students completing the activity.
- Include any additional supporting documentation.
- Click “Submit Points" and follow the instructions.
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator