"Chalk the Walk":
- Use sidewalk chalk to visually show the entire student body how important it is to buckle up OR warn about texting and Driving, Underage Drinking and substance abuse.
- Be creative with your messaging.
- Provide simple reminders to take action and that doing so could save their life.
- Consider holding a sidewalk chalk contest.
- Have students submit their sidewalk art idea ahead of time, and give the student with the winning design a featured, high traffic location to draw their message for everyone to see!
- Materials: Sidewalk chalk
- Have photos ready with students completing the activity.
- Include any additional supporting documentation.
- Click “Submit Points" and follow the instructions.
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator