Take the Pledge
Reckless and distracted driving is the number one killer of teens in America, and no one wants to be another grim statistic in this preventable epidemic.
That’s why we encourage you to take a pledge against reckless and distracted driving, making the conscious decision to be the best driver you can be.
This means putting down the phone, makeup, food, or whatever distracts you, tuning out your passengers, and focusing on the road.
Invest in your future; take the pledge.
To Complete the Activity:
- Visit https://www.impactteendrivers.org/pledge
- Fill out the online pledge
- Download pledge
- Submit pledge to Impact Teen Drivers
For Additional Bonus Points: (Submit separately as BONUS POINTS) Expanding this into a school wide activity.
- Create a wall of pledges at your high school.
- Host student activity to submit and collect "What Doi You Consider Lethal?" pledges.
- Use resources like "The Wheel of Death' or posters from Impact Teen Drivers.
- Hold a drawing of written pledges for freebies.
- Launch a social media campaign to collect pledges at your school.
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload a screenshot or photo (completion email confirmation) showing that you have completed the module and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Questions? Contact Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator jbain@DelawareHealth.org or 740-203-2083