Design a billboard to be displayed during National Teen Driver Safety Week 2020
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT Individual Entries: September 16th, 2020
The purpose of the Teen Driver Safety Billboard Design Contest is to design a public service announcement billboard that will convey the importance of teens practicing safe driving.
The winner will receive a prize of $500 AMAZON gift card and a gift certificate to attend a “Better Ohio Teen Drivers” advanced driver skills class.
The winning design will be displayed on a billboard located on Central Avenue in Delaware City for a one month supporting National Teen Driver Safety Week, October 18-24, 2020.
How to Enter
- Copies of the rules and Participant/Permission Form may be downloaded from this site or contact your school resource officer.
- Read and follow all contest rules and complete the Participant/Permission Form.
- Create a public service announcement design promoting safe teen driving using positive messaging. State Farm believes in “sharing not scaring”.
- The selection committee will evaluate each submission by the following criteria:
- Relevance– Does the entry align with the theme and goals of the contest? Does it convey the importance of teens making safe driving decisions?
- Originality– Does the design exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality– Does the design draw attention that is visually pleasing? Do the design elements work well together?
- Visibilty -Will someone be able to get the message quickly enough as they drive by?
- Message– Is the message more positive than negative or scary? Will it resonate with teen drivers?
Submit the completed Participant/Permission Form for each participant and your design by:Wednesday, September 16, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Teen Driver Safety Billboard.
How your school can earn points:
- 100 points will be awarded for each student entering the State Farm Billboard Contest will submit their photo holding a copy of their entry. These photos will not be displayed on the portal until after the judges have selected a winner. Include the title of the design in the description. Approval for the submission will occur after the student has successfully emailed the design with a Participant/Permission Form to email@example.com with the subject line Teen Driver PSA.
- 100 points will be awarded to schools submitting a photo of students involved in promoting this contest in their school.
- 100 points extra will be awarded to the school with the winning submission.
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites