Implement a parking permit policy at your high school that requires that students and their parents acknowledge that the understand and abide by the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Law ORC 5407.
To complete this activity:
- Require all students (and parents) that apply for a student parking pass at your school to acknowledge the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Law ORC 5407.
- Ideally this would be a part of the application process online.
- Publish and enforce aspects of the GDL, such as limiting passengers, mobile device use and seat belt usage as part of school policy.Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Law ORC 5407
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator