Implement a parking permit policy at your high school that requires that students and their parents acknowledge that the understand and abide by the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Law ORC 5407.
To complete this activity:
- Require all students (and parents) that apply for a student parking pass at your school to acknowledge the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Law ORC 5407.
- Ideally this would be a part of the application process online.
- Publish and enforce aspects of the GDL, such as limiting passengers, mobile device use and seat belt usage as part of school policy.Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Law ORC 5407
- Have photos ready with students completing the activity.
- Include any additional supporting documentation.
- Click “Submit Points" and follow the instructions.
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator