REQUIRED BRONZE ACTIVITY:
Distribute materials that promote the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing Law (GDL) to students.
Graduated Driver Licensing Law / Ohio Revised Code 4507.071
To complete this activity:
- Request free printed GDL materials from SAFE Delaware County Coalition - OR - download the one-page PDF or brochure from this site.
- The free GDL materials include brochures and rack cards that advocate for teen traffic safety and promote the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing Law.
- The GDL material shows the laws pertaining to young driving, the monetary consequences of drinking and driving, and the personal implications that stem from distracted driving.
- Decide on best options for making distribution to your students (hard copies and/or digital via email)
- Distribute the GDL material with your school's parking permit and/or application.
- Take a photo of the materials being distributed that demonstrates the students' receipt of the information
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator