Host a AAA representative to have students take a pledge to "Slow down, speak up, and stay alert." during lunch periods at your high school. Students will sign a banner to be displayed at your school, sign individual pledge cards, spin a prize wheel and lear about how to ride more safely as a driver or passenger.
1. Contact AAA Ohio Auto Club, Traffic Safety Manager Kellie O'Riorden,to receive the "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner. The banner will be displayed in your school's common area.
2. To request the vinyl "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner for your school, fill out the form below. Contact Kellie O'Riordent at AAA to request the number of materials required.
3. Make arrangements for Traffic Safety Program Manager, Kellie O'Riorden to deliver materials. KORiordan@aaaohio.com or 614-431-7882
4. Decide on best options for making available to your students a AAA representative will deliver banner, recruit students to sign banner and pledge cards.
To get your points:
1. Post a "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner in a high school common area (Eg. cafeteria, lobby, athletic venue).
2. Take a photo of the banner that demonstrates its role in creating awareness (Eg. students posing next to/under the banner).
3. Click "Submit Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county and school.
5. Upload your school's photo and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
**Note - Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!