Host a AAA representative to have students take a pledge to "Slow down, speak up, and stay alert." during lunch periods at your high school.
The campaign focuses on warning young drivers against the dangers of distracted driving, passenger behavior and drowsy driving.
Facts regarding the consequences of unsafe driving behaviors will be shared with students..
1. sign a banner to be displayed at your school
2. sign individual pledge cards
3 .spin a prize wheel and learn about how to ride more safely as a driver or passenger.
1. Schedule this activity and receive the "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner.
2. Contact AAA Ohio Auto Club, Traffic Safety Manager Kellie O'RiordenKORiordan@aaaohio.com or 614-431-7882
to request the vinyl "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner for your school and schedule the activity.
4. Decide on best options for making available to your students a AAA representative will deliver banner
5. Recruit students to assist in the lunch period activity to engage their peers in signing the banner and pledge cards.
6. Take photos student participating in the activity and with the banner
To get your points:
1. Post a "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner in a high school common area (Eg. cafeteria, lobby, athletic venue).
2. Take a photo of the banner that demonstrates its role in creating awareness (Eg. students posing next to/under the banner).
Take photo(s) of students engaged in the activity.
3. Click "Submit Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county and school.
5. Upload your school's photo(s). Please make sure they are right-side-up.
6. Include a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
7. Include the number of students that were engaged with thisa activity.
**Note - Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!