Host a Create Real Impact Contest at your school
The Create Real Impact Contest gives students the opportunity to share creative solutions for preventing reckless and distracted driving while winning prizes for your efforts.
FALL 2019 CONTEST DATES:
CONTEST OPENS: 8/1/19 4:00 PM PST
CONTEST CLOSES: 10/5/19 6:00 PM PST
ONLINE VOTING OPENS: 10/6/19 6:01 PM PST
ONLINE VOTING CLOSES: 10/11/19 6:00 PM PST
Open to students, aged 14-22, the Create Real Impact contest is an exceptional opportunity to produce and showcase socially conscious art and get recognized for it, an opportunity to earn educational grants for both students and schools, and an opportunity to create real impact. The artwork must address the issue reckless and distracted driving in a creative and compelling way, as well as meet criteria based on its format.
Entries Can Be…
1. Video: 60 seconds in length or shorter and uploaded to YouTube.
2. Creative Writing: 100 words minimum, 600 words maximum.
3. Art: Original work in any medium uploaded directly or as a picture to the site.
4. Music: 90 seconds in length or shorter, original piece of music of any style.
View all rules at: https://createrealimpact.com/contestrules/
The contest is open to high school, technical, college, and university students and in each category, there are multiple ways to win.
1. Top Judges Pick (1 per category): Judges determine the grand prize winners based on the effectiveness of messaging, concept/idea, and creativity, and give out whopping $1500 educational grants accordingly.
2. The top three high schools with the most entries each receive $1000 as well. (25 entries minimum)
3. The top online vote-getter in each category will also each win a $500 educational grant.
Since one portion of this two-part judging process is online voting, the use of social media becomes a valuable promotional tool.
Teens promote their entries on their favorite social media sites in the process.
It’s simple: Make it. Submit it. Promote it.
1. The school must promote student contest participation- both with students submitting entries AND online voting by students.
2. Submit a photo with students promoting the Create Real Impact Contest.
3. Promote voting for entries with your student body.
4. 300 points will be awarded for all school promotion
5. Individual student entries may be submitted at the "Student Participation: Create Real Impact" activity on this website.
To Get Your Points:
1. Click "Submit Your Points" at this website.
2. Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY.
Tell us about the activity you completed:
Describe the activity that was completed including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo.
School: Select your high school
Which Activity did you complete? Select the activity completed.
If you don't know, leave this field blank and we'll do our best to sort it for you!
If this event may fall in to more than one activity you may select only one
If this activity does not fit any activity listed then submit it for “BONUS POINTS”
Your Email: Enter your email
Your name: Enter to identify yourself as the submitter.
What documentation do you have?
Students must be included in ALL documentation.
Upload your school's photo(s), video or other documentation of students involved in the activity.
Please upload photo(s) right-side-up.
Attachments to add a file
Enter a YouTube URL to submit a video
Verify: All individuals pictured have read and agree to the photo release.
Verify: I am over the age of 16 - OR - I am under the age of 16 and I have completed the Parental Consent Form
How would you rate this activity?
How many students were engaged by this activity?
3. Share photos and video to school social media sites
*Note - Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
*Note- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously,
but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!