REQUIRED BRONZE ACTIVITY:
Photograph students with both the "Buckle Up America" sign and the "Don't Drive Distracted" signs installed in your school's public parking areas.
21% of teen drivers (age 15-19) involved in fatal crashes were distracted by the use of cell phones. -National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
To Complete this activity:
- Install both the metal "Buckle Up America" sign and "Don't Drive Distracted" sign in your school's public parking areas.
- If your school has not received signs in the past than contact Jackie Bain at email@example.com to request them.
- Take photo(s) of students with both signs that demonstrate their role in creating awareness (Ex: students posing next to/under the sign).
- The signs must be installed in the photo with students to be approved.
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator