Request a "Buckle Up America" sign and a "Don't Drive Distracted" sign to install in your school's public parking areas.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), for drivers 15-19 years old involved in fatal crashes, 21 percent of the distracted drivers were distracted by the use of cell phones. For more statistics on texting and driving, please visit Distraction.gov.
1. Nominate your school for the Reduce Ohio Crashes program to be contacted about receiving this free sign. The sign will be displayed in your school's public parking area(s).
2. Email email@example.com and request the metal "Buckle Up America" sign and the metal "Don't Drive Distracted" sign for your school.
To Get Your Points:
1. Install both signs at your school's public parking area(s).
2. Take a photo(s) of the signs that demonstrate their role in creating awareness (Ex: students posing next to/under the sign).
3. Click "Submit Your Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
5. Upload your school's photo and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
**Note - Schools that have already submitted points in previous years for this activity must take new photos with the sign and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.