Photograph students with both the "Buckle Up America" sign and the "Don't Drive Distracted" signs installed in your school's public parking areas.
21% of teen drivers (age 15-19) involved in fatal crashes were distracted by the use of cell phones.
-National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Install both the metal "Buckle Up America" sign and "Don't Drive Distracted" sign in your school's public parking areas.
- If your school has not received signs in the past than contact Jackie Bain at email@example.com to request them.
- Take photo(s) of students with the signs that demonstrate their role in creating awareness (Ex: students posing next to/under the sign).
To Get Your Points:
- Click "Submit Your Points" at this website.
- Describe the activity that was completed (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Select the your high school and the activity completed.
- Enter your email and name as submitter.
- Upload your school's photo(s), video or other documentation of students involved in the activity. (Please upload photo(s) right-side-up).
- Include the number of students that were engaged with this activity.
**Note - Schools that have already submitted points in previous years for this activity must take new photos with the sign and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.