REQUIRED BRONZE ACTIVITY:
Distribute materials that promote the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing Law (GDL) TO PARENTS.
Graduated Driver Licensing Law / Ohio Revised Code 4507.071
To complete this activity:
- Request free printed GDL materials from SAFE Delaware County Coalition- OR - dowload the one-page PDF or brochure from this site.
- The free GDL materials include brochures and rack cards that advocate for teen traffic safety and promote the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing Law.
- The GDL material shows the laws pertaining to young driving, the monetary consequences of drinking and driving, and the personal implications that stem from distracted driving.
- Decide on best options for making distribution to your students' parents (hard copies and/or digital via email)
- Distribute the GDL material with your school's parking permit and/or application.
- Take a photo of the materials being distributed that demonstrates the students' receipt of the information
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator