The Red Ribbon Campaign®
is the oldest and largest drug prevention program in the nation, reaching millions of young people during Red Ribbon Week®, October 23rd - October 31st each year.
WHAT IS RED RIBBON WEEK?
It is an ideal way for people and communities to unite and take a visible stand against drugs. Show your personal commitment to a drug-free lifestyle through the symbol of the Red Ribbon, October 23 - 31st.
The Red Ribbon Campaign®
was started when drug traffickers in Mexico City murdered DEA agent Kiki Camarena in 1985. This began the continuing tradition of displaying Red Ribbons as a symbol of intolerance towards the use of drugs. The mission of the Red Ribbon Campaign® is to present a unified and visible commitment towards the creation of a DRUG - FREE AMERICA.
National Family Partnership is the sponsor of the National Red Ribbon Week® Celebration. We are helping citizens across the country come together to keep children, families, and communities safe, healthy and drug-free, through parent training, networking and sponsoring the National Red Ribbon Campaign®.
WHY SUPPORT THE NATIONAL THEME?
A theme unifies each year’s campaign and helps to broadcast one message, creating a tipping point to change behavior.
Plan a Red Ribbon celebration. Order and display Red Ribbon materials with the National Red Ribbon Theme. Proceeds from the sale of Red Ribbon theme merchandise helps support prevention programs across America.
Here are some ideas to make this year's Red Ribbon Week celebration the best yet!
- Enter the Red Ribbon Photo Contest for a chance to win an iPad for you and your family - and $1,000 for your school.
- Take a stab at creating the 2020 National Red Ribbon Theme. Gain national recognition and $500 of Red Ribbon theme merchandise for your school. This year's theme was created by Isabella Ware from Griswold, CT.
- Make a drug free pact with your friends. Promise to hold each other accountable to it.
- Plan a School-Wide Red Ribbon Rally
- Use our social media tips to post Red Ribbon Week messages on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Watch the Natural High celebrity videos and tweet your natural high to your favorite celebrity! You can also upload how you #livenaturallyhigh on Instagram
- Organize A Miles of Quarters Campaign
- Write an article about the importance of Red Ribbon Week in your school newspaper.
- Contact a local governmental official about declaring October 23rd-31st Red Ribbon Week in your community.
- Work with your teachers to plan fun celebration days during Red Ribbon Week, such as Wear Red Day, Put A Cap On Drugs (Hat Day), Put A Sock On Drugs Day, Be On A Drug Free Team Day (Wear Your Favorite Team Gear), Shade Out Drugs Day (Wear Sunglasses), etc. Encourage your friends to participate. Use those themed days as an opportunity to discuss the dangers of underage drinking and drug use with your peers.
- Organize or participate in essay contests held in your school.
- Join SADD at your school or start a SADD chapter.
1. Plan event to raise awareness of the Red Ribbon Week activities.
2. Coordinate and execute the event.
To Get Your Points:
1. Take photos or video of the activities.
2. Click on "Submit Your Points."
3. Upload photos, video, social media post, or other activities completed.