DEADLINE TO SUBMIT Individual Entries: September 18th, 2019
Students submit entries to the 2019 Billboard Design Contest.
Use your creativity to communicate teen driver safety to your peers and the community!
This is a county wide competition to design a billboard to be displayed during Teen Driver Safety Week (October 20-27, 2019).
The billboard will be located on Central Avenue in Delaware City, Delaware County, Ohio.
Student entries must be submitted via email by September 18, 2019.
All Delaware County High School students age 15 or older are eligible.
Design should focus on teen driver safety and provide a positive message.
Winning student will receive $500 Amazon Gift Card, a “Better Ohio Teen Drivers” advanced driver class gift certificate
(valued at $350) and your design will be displayed on a billboard located in Delaware County.
Top designs will be featured on the Delaware General Health District and State Farm Insurance social media platforms.
One entry from each school will also win a gift certificate to attend a “Better Ohio Teen Drivers” advanced driver class.
Copies of the rules and Participant/Permission Form may be downloaded from this site or contact your school resource officer.
Teen Driver Safety Billboard Design Contest 2019 Official Rules & Guidelines
The purpose of the Teen Driver Safety Billboard Design Contest is to design a public service announcement billboard that will convey the importance of teens practicing safe driving.
The winner will receive a prize of $500 AMAZON gift card and a gift certificate to attend a “Better Ohio Teen Drivers” advanced driver skills class (valued at $350).
The winning design will be displayed on a billboard located on Central Avenue in Delaware City for a one month supporting
National Teen Driver Safety Week, October 20-26, 2019.
A press release will be sent out to announce the winner, the associated high school, and the winning design to the community.
In addition to the winner, one entry will be drawn from each of the other participating schools to receive a gift certificate to attend a “Better Ohio Teen Drivers” advanced driver skills class.
The following are the official rules:
- To be eligible, you must be a high school student age 15 or older in Delaware County.
- Participants must work individually. Only one entry will be accepted per student. A Participant/Permission Form must accompany each entry.
- All submitted designs should be original work. Designs should not be copied or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs or copy-righted
- All entries will become the property of the SAFE Delaware County Coalition and State Farm.
- By submitting an entry, each participant agrees any and all intellectual property rights for the public service announcement billboard design are deemed “assigned to” the SAFE Delaware County Coalition and State Farm.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the participant’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- The Selection Committee and State Farm have the right to modify the winning design to better meet the needs of the initiative.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- All design submissions should be submitted in JPEG or PNG format (digital).
How to Enter
1. Complete the Participant/Permission Form.
2. Create a public service announcement design promoting safe teen driving using positive messaging.
State Farm believes in “sharing not scaring”.
(Design topic areas: distracted driving, seat belts, peer pressure, speed)
3. Submit the completed Participant/Permission Form for each participant and your design by:
Wednesday, September 18th submit design and Participant/Permission Form via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Teen Driver PSA
The selection committee will evaluate each submission by the following criteria:
Relevance– Does the entry align with the theme and goals of the contest?
Does it convey the importance of teens making safe driving decisions?
Originality– Does the design exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
Aesthetic Quality– Does the design draw attention that is visually pleasing?
Do the design elements work well together?
Visibilty -Will someone be able to get the message quickly enough as they drive by?
Message– Is the message more positive than negative or scary?
Will it resonate with teen drivers?
- A student entering the State Farm Billboard Contest will submit a photo of themself holding a copy of their entry.
- Include the title of the design in the description.
- Approval for the submission will occur after the student has successfully emailed the design with a Participant/Permission Form to email@example.com with the subject line Teen Driver PSA.
- All entries must be submitted by DEADLINE: Wednesday September 18, 2018.
- The winner of the Delaware County Teen Driver Safety Billboard Design Contest 2019 will earn an additional 100 points for your high school.
SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator, Jackie Bain
firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-203-2083
To Get Your Points:
1. Click "Submit Your Points" at this website.
2. Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY:
- Tell us about the activity you completed: Describe the activity that was completed including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo.
- Select your high school
- Select the activity completed.
- If you don't know, leave this field blank and we'll do our best to sort it for you!
- If this event may fall in to more than one activity you may select only one.
- If this activity does not fit any activity listed then submit it for “BONUS POINTS”
- Enter your email & name to identify yourself as the submitter.
- What documentation do you have?
- Students must be included in ALL documentation.
- Upload your school's photo(s), video or other documentation of students involved in the activity.
- Please upload photo(s) right-side-up.
- Attachments to add a file Enter a YouTube URL to submit a video
- Verify that all individuals pictured have read and agree to the photo release.
- Verify that you are over the age of 16 - OR - I am under the age of 16 and I have completed the Parental Consent Form
- Rate this activity
- Include the number of students engaged by this activity
3. Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
4. Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites