REQUIRED BRONZE ACTIVITY:
Distribute materials that promote the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing Law (GDL)
Distribute materials to BOTH students AND parents
Graduated Driver Licensing Law / Ohio Revised Code 4507.071
To complete this activity:
- Download the one-page PDF or brochure from this site -AND/OR- request free printed GDL materials from SAFE Delaware County Coalition
- The free GDL materials include brochures and rack cards that advocate for teen traffic safety and promote the Ohio Graduated Driver Licensing Law.
- The GDL material shows the laws pertaining to young driving, the monetary consequences of drinking and driving, and the personal implications that stem from distracted driving.
- Decide on best options for making distribution to your students (hard copies and/or digital via email)
- Distribute the GDL material with your school's parking permit and/or application.
- Distribute the GDL materials to parents via email, newsletters, facebook pages and parent events.
- Take a photo of the materials being distributed that demonstrates the students' receipt of the information
To Get Your Points:
*Schools that have already submitted points in previous years for this activity must take new photos with the material and submit these pictures to earn points again this year.
1. Distribute Ohio GDL materials with your school's parking permit and/or application.
2. Take a photo of the materials being distributed that demonstrates the students' receipt of the information.
3. Click "Submit Your Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter, and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
5. Upload your school's photo and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites
Jackie Bain, SAFE Delaware County Coalition coordinator