Participate in the Better Ohio Teen Drivers Car Control Drills
The program which includes:
- One-day program starting at 9:00 a.m. and ending by 4:00 p.m.
- Two-hour classroom session with presentations on the physics of driving and development of anticipation & avoidance skills.
- Demonstrations on seat & hand position, proper mirror adjustment & use and seat belt use.
- Four behind-the-wheel driving drills on a safe and controlled closed course.
- Students participate in the Car Control Drills Program using the car they drive on a daily basis.
- While students do not need to be fully licensed, they must possess a current learner's permit.
- A Certificate of completion for insurance discount purposes
- Cost: $350 Delaware county student discount with the promo code RTC0219. That’ll get the families 20% off a teen enrollment in the program.
- Parents can enroll in the Car Control Drills Program to participate with their teen for an additional fee -call (614) 273-3649 for more information.
- Register online at https://www.betterohioteendrivers.org/course-sign-up.php
How your school can earn points:
- 100 points will be awarded for each student participating in the Better Ohio Teen Drivers car control drills class.
- 100 points will be awarded to schools submitting a photo of students involved in promoting this program in their school or organizing a group participation day
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity or with certificate from class.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites