Host a AAA Vehicle Maintenance Inspection Event at your High School.
Safety Checks to Save Lives:
In an effort to ensure Ohio teens are safe behind the wheel, high schools can invite AAA to perform vehicle safety checks and talk with teens about safe driving practices.
Driving older, less reliable vehicle often puts these already inexperienced teen drivers at an even greater risk for breakdowns and crashes.
That’s why AAA focuses its teen driver safety events around vehicle safety checks at high schools.
During the vehicle safety checks, automotive technicians identify potential problems with students’ vehicle belts, hoses, tires, lights, fluid levels and batteries.
Technicians then discuss any detected problem with each student and provide an inspection sheet to take home to parents.
*All who participate receive a free lunch and a complimentary one-year AAA membership.
Students are also encouraged to sign a pledge to Slow Down! Speak Up! Stay Alert!
In 2018, more than 87 percent of the 1,367 cars AAA checked at Ohio high schools had at least one fault.
The most common problems were with vehicle fluids and lights.
To Get Your Points:
1. Click "Submit Your Points" at this website.
2. Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY:
- Tell us about the activity you completed: Describe the activity that was completed including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo.
- Select your high school
- Select the activity completed.
- If you don't know, leave this field blank and we'll do our best to sort it for you!
- If this event may fall in to more than one activity you may select only one.
- If this activity does not fit any activity listed then submit it for “BONUS POINTS”
- Enter your email & name to identify yourself as the submitter.
- What documentation do you have?
- Students must be included in ALL documentation.
- Upload your school's photo(s), video or other documentation of students involved in the activity.
- Please upload photo(s) right-side-up.
- Attachments to add a file Enter a YouTube URL to submit a video
- Verify that all individuals pictured have read and agree to the photo release.
- Verify that you are over the age of 16 - OR - I am under the age of 16 and I have completed the Parental Consent Form
- Rate this activity
- Include the number of students engaged by this activity
3. Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
4. Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites