Host a AAA representative to have students take a pledge to "Slow down, speak up, and stay alert." during lunch periods at your high school.
The campaign focuses on warning young drivers against the dangers of distracted driving, passenger behavior and drowsy driving.
Facts regarding the consequences of unsafe driving behaviors will be shared with students..
- sign a banner to be displayed at your school
- sign individual pledge cards
- spin a prize wheel and learn about how to ride more safely as a driver or passenger.
1. Schedule this activity and receive the "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner.
2. Request the vinyl "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner for your school and schedule the activity.
4. Decide on best options for making available to your students a AAA representative will deliver banner
5. Recruit students to assist in the lunch period activity to engage their peers in signing the banner and pledge cards.
6. Post a "Slow Down Speak Up Stay Alert" banner in a high school common area (Eg. cafeteria, lobby, athletic venue).
7. Take a photo of the banner that demonstrates its role in creating awareness (Eg. students posing next to/under the banner).
8. Take photo(s) of students engaged in the activity.
To Get Your Points:
1. Click "Submit Your Points" at this website.
2. Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY:
- Tell us about the activity you completed: Describe the activity that was completed including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo.
- Select your high school
- Select the activity completed.
- If you don't know, leave this field blank and we'll do our best to sort it for you!
- If this event may fall in to more than one activity you may select only one.
- If this activity does not fit any activity listed then submit it for “BONUS POINTS”
- Enter your email & name to identify yourself as the submitter.
- What documentation do you have?
- Students must be included in ALL documentation.
- Upload your school's photo(s), video or other documentation of students involved in the activity.
- Please upload photo(s) right-side-up.
- Attachments to add a file Enter a YouTube URL to submit a video
- Verify that all individuals pictured have read and agree to the photo release.
- Verify that you are over the age of 16 - OR - I am under the age of 16 and I have completed the Parental Consent Form
- Rate this activity
- Include the number of students engaged by this activity
3. Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
4. Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites