Student sponsored a AAA School Safety Patrol.
High school students can help start and sponsor a AAA School Safety Patrol at a nearby elementary or intermediate school.
AAA School Safety Patrols have helped students across the country stay safe for more than 95 years.
If the school does not want a safety patrol, high school students could use principles found in School Safety Patrol material to teach elementary/intermediate school students basic, safe walking practices.
Teaching these principles will mean high school students themselves must become familiar with safe walking practices, and safe driving around pedestrians.
Kellie O'Riorden ,AAA Ohio Auto Club, Traffic Safety Manager
To Get Your Points:
- Complete the activity as described above.
- Take photos/video of students participating in the activity.
- Click "Submit Points."
- Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY
- Enter the name and email of the submitter
- Upload your photos/video and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
- Multiple individual classroom presentations or school assemblies will only be approved as one submission
- Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites