Host a "5 Minutes For Life" presentation at your school.
5 Minutes for Life is a component of Ohio’s Start Talking Initiative – is an educational campaign led by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Ohio National Guard and local law enforcement. Troopers, law enforcement officers and National Guard members speak with students about responsible decision-making and encouraging those in their peer group to live a drug-free lifestyle
- This educational campaign aims to reduce and ultimately eliminate drug use among students.
- Following the presentations, student role models are encouraged to spread the message within their school using the "5 Minutes for Life" key points.
- Students are encouraged to use social media to promote the importance of living healthy drug-free lives.
- "5 Minutes for Life" represents a tangible way for students and athletes to contribute to a safer Ohio.
- It's only five minutes for the rest of their life.
Tiffiany L. Meeks / Ohio State Highway Patrol / Office of the Superintendent / Public Affairs Unit / 1970 West Broad St.Columbus, Ohio 43223 / 614-752-4195 /
Take photos including students at the presentation.
To Get Your Points:
1. Click "Submit Your Points" at this website.
2. Fill out the online submission COMPLETELY:
- Tell us about the activity you completed: Describe the activity that was completed including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo.
- Select your high school
- Select the activity completed.
- If you don't know, leave this field blank and we'll do our best to sort it for you!
- If this event may fall in to more than one activity you may select only one.
- If this activity does not fit any activity listed then submit it for “BONUS POINTS”
- Enter your email & name to identify yourself as the submitter.
- What documentation do you have?
- Students must be included in ALL documentation.
- Upload your school's photo(s), video or other documentation of students involved in the activity.
- Please upload photo(s) right-side-up.
- Attachments to add a file Enter a YouTube URL to submit a video
- Verify that all individuals pictured have read and agree to the photo release.
- Verify that you are over the age of 16 - OR - I am under the age of 16 and I have completed the Parental Consent Form
- Rate this activity
- Include the number of students engaged by this activity
3. Schools must take new photos with and submit these pictures to earn points again for the current year.
4. Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!
Share photos and video to school social media sites